Testosterone is an androgen hormone that dominates the male body but also plays an important role in the functioning of the female body. The main functions of the hormone are:
- stimulate the growth of muscle tissue;
- burn subcutaneous fat;
- maintain good bone density;
- activation of muscle cell renewal;
- development of secondary sexual characteristics in males;
- Normalization of the functions of the male reproductive system.
There are two main biologically active forms of this hormone in the body: free and bound to globulin. Their lack leads to the development of many pathologies.
A common misconception is that testosterone cypionate is more effective or faster than enanthate. The profile of the two drugs is almost identical:
- reduce the body’s production of testosterone;
- Increase muscle protein synthesis just as effectively as your testosterone;
- They have a strong aromatization towards estrogen;
- Not hepatotoxic;
- Suppresses the activity of the hypothalamus in the production of testosterone;
- Used in the form of injections;
- Valid for up to two weeks.
Taking the drug is not recommended for women, as side effects of excess testosterone, such as amenorrhea and the formation of the male body, are difficult to eliminate even after stopping.
The action of the cypionate
Testosterone Cypionate has a number of rather attractive effects for athletes, weightlifters and all representatives of strength sports:
- Build muscle mass through active muscle protein synthesis;
- improve the digestibility of food nutrients;
- increase in the insulin-like factor responsible for the growth of muscle tissue;
- improve the body’s ability to regenerate;
- Increased activity of satellite muscle cells;
- fat burning effects;
- Increased appetite and cravings for protein foods;
- Water retention in the tissues, reducing trauma to tendons and muscles.
But each of these effects has its own nuances. For example, excessive use of cypionate reduces the amount of collagen in the body, causing even more trauma than not taking the drug. And the lack of proper nutrition when taking cypionate does not lead to the accumulation of muscle mass, but to complete dehydration and burning of the maximum amount of body fat.
Do not take testosterone cypionate without side effects. Of course, everyone has their resistance, but improperly selected drug therapy can lead to the following side effects:
- Alopecia, but increased hair growth elsewhere on the body. This is due to the formation of the dihydrate form of the hormone. Sometimes this side effect is also possible due to a genetic factor with high sensitivity to testosterone dihydrate receptors.
- Enlargement of the prostate, in advanced cases hypertrophy of the prostate tissue is possible.
- Increased oily skin and, as a result, acne, acne, the appearance of pimples and subcutaneous boils.
- Swelling caused by congestion and excess water retention in the body.
- The development of gynecomastia is an increase in the volume of the mammary glands along with their enlargement and accumulation of adipose tissue.
Such a set of side effects is represented not only by testosterone cypionate, but also by other esters derived from this hormone. Therefore, an effective countermeasure to prevent each of these phenomena has already been found.
How to avoid side effects
To prevent these effects from taking testosterone, it is recommended:
- Include finasteride supplements in the course or reduce the concentration of testosterone cypionate previously taken. This prevents head baldness, increases vegetation in other parts of the body, and avoids enlargement of the prostate.
- Choose a low-fat diet to prevent oily skin and acne. It also requires checking the condition of the skin and the use of special products, e.g. degreasing cosmetic lotions.
- Include in the course Anastrozole preparations that prevent the development of gynecomastia and excessive fluid retention in the body.
- Occasionally it may be necessary to stop injecting testosterone altogether to counteract the side effects. Therefore, at least the first course of the drug should be taken under the strict supervision of a specialist.
With age, the secretion of the hormone decreases, which affects the condition of the muscles, libido and psychological background of a man. Normally in men aged 18 to 70 the amount of free hormone in the blood should be between 250 and 1000 ng/dL.
In the absence of free and bound testosterone in a man’s blood, the following symptoms and pathologies are observed:
- Obesity, female body shaping – deposition of subcutaneous fat in the abdomen, thighs, chest;
- increased sweating, shortness of breath;
- reduced performance;
- distraction, lethargy, depression;
- Decreased libido
- impotence and infertility.
As a result, diseases of the cardiovascular and hematopoietic systems develop, the work of the reproductive system decreases.
Post Cycle Therapy
After you stop taking Testosterone Cypionate, corrective treatment is required. With the right approach, Post Cycle Therapy is quick and easy enough.
- Toremifene or tamoxifen are prescribed as part of post-cycle therapy;
- vitamin complexes with zinc and vitamin E;
- D-aspartic acid;
- glucosamine and chondroitin.
The appointment of toremifene is a prerequisite for post-course therapy. Calculating the concentration of toremifene is quite simple. If the cypionate dose was 0.5 g per week, toremifene is drunk 60 mg for two weeks, then 30 mg for two weeks, and in the last two weeks the concentration is again halved to 15 mg.